Technische Universität Berlin
Institute of Vocational Education and Work Studies
Chair Arbeitslehre/Technik und Partizipation
Secr. MAR 1-1
Room MAR 1.002B
Ph.: +49 30 314-79099
fax: +49 30 314-21120
email: Pamela.Jaeger[at]tu-berlin.de 
Mondays 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Vocational training as a carpenter and cabinetmaker
- Studies of Industrial Design at ‘Universität der Künste Berlin (UDK)‘ (eng.: University of Arts Berlin)
- Joiner and cabinetmaker/ workshop manager for ‘IB- Internationaler Bund’ in cooperation with ‘Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin’ (eng.: German Museum of Technology)
- Several years of development cooperation for ‘DED-Deutscher Entwicklungsdienst’ (eng.: German Development Service) in Recife, Brazil. (Cooperation with various carpentry and training workshops, development of training and curricula with and for instructors)
- Further education for self-employed carpenters on Cape Verde for Luso Consult/ Austrian Development Service
- Several years of project coordination for ‘EPIZ - Entwicklungspolitisches Bildungs- und Informationszentrum Berlin‘ (eng.: The Berlin Development Education and Information Center) (Campaign for global learning in vocational training, cooperation with vocational schools, regional and nationwide institutions, development of courses and teaching materials, participation in the ‘Reference Curriculum Global Development KMK/ BMZ’)
What I find most interesting about ‘Arbeitslehre’ is the combination of two disciplines in one concept that are usually thought separately about: mental and manual work as combined activities, project related working and thinking, conception and implementation, reflecting of work processes and products.
Fundamental for the discipline is the extensive theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Product development: development and design of every day devices, cooperation with companies
- Project work: development of independent projects at the interface of education, design and presentation
- Development cooperation/ global learning: conception and implementation of thematic
- Various further training courses in seminar and teaching methods, project and team management, moderation, participative planning methods, global learning etc.
- Guest auditor for Vocational Education, TU Berlin